ortur Laser Master 2 Pro laser engraving machine is a machine that is raising a few eyebrows in the laser marking industry. With passaging time, laser marking/engraving has become the number one choice of most of the industrial marking solutions providers. As a result, conventional engraving businesses are turning their investments into digital marking solutions, especially, laser. Let’s check out the main specifications of the machine.
Motherboard – OLM-MAXUP-V10 Motherboard,
with 32Bits MCU
|Add-ons – Ortur Control Box (Offline Controller) – Adjustable Z-axis Lifting Device||Available Laser Modules – LU2-4 (2nd Generation FAC , Luminous Power: 4,500-5,000mw)|
|Firmware – OLF-V1.5 Firmware frame||Materials – Aluminum + Powder Coated Steel||Motors – NEMA 17 Stepper Motors|
|Mechanical Precision – Y:12.5um，X:12.5um||
Pixel Accuracy – Adjustable
(Default: 300 pixels per inch, about 0.81um Pixel Accuracy)
|Engraving Area – 400mm*400mm|
|Wave Length – 445±5nm||Focus – Fixed Focus||Default Focal Length – 50mm (from the heat sink to the object)|
|Control Mode – PWM||Power Rate – S0-S1,000||Engraving Speed – 0-10,000MM/Min|
|Baud Rate – 115200 – 921600 (Default: 115200)||Computer OS – Win XP, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 (LaserGRBL) Mac and Linux (LightBurn)||Control Softwares – LaserGRBL (free), LightBurn (Paid Software)|
|Input Format – JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, SVG, etc.||Available Materials of Engraving – Wood Board, Paperboard, Black Acrylic, Leather, Food, Stainless Steel, Power Coated Metal, etc.||Available Materials of Cutting – Wood Board, Paperboard, Black Acrylic, Leather, Felt Cloth, Dark Color Plastic Sheet (Melt), etc.|
|Input Voltage – 110V-220V (Compatible)||Power Adapter Output – 24V/2A||Operating Temp – -20℃-50℃|
Ortur Laser Master 2 VS Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro
The Advanced Motherboard
KM1：The OLM-PRO-V10 Motherboard has a safer 24V electric system could support the powerful laser module, also more add-ons.
KM2：Laser Master 2 Pro is armed with the OLM-PRO-V10 Motherboard, the 3rd generation laser motherboard has more features, it supports flame detector, emergency stop button and Ortur Offline Control Box.
The Updated Firmware
KM1：Ortur Laser 1.5 Firmware could support more features, such as flame detector, emergency stop button, Ortur Offline Control Box.
KM2：Ortur Laser 1.5 Firmware has optimized the motion algorithm to support the faster speed engraving from 4,000mm/min to 10,000mm/min.
2nd Generation FAC laser module
KM1：LU2-4 is armed with a customized Lens System, has optimized the design of the beam waist of incident beams, object distance and lens parameters, it could cut 4mm plywood one pass and 6mm pine board one pass.
KM2：LU2-4 is the 2nd Generation FAC laser module, its focus spot has been compressed from 0.23*0.23mm (1st Generation FAC laser module) to be 0.08*0.15mm.
Optimized Structure Design
KM1：More add-ons are available, such as Z-axis Lifting Device, Ortur Offline Control Box.
KM2：Specific industrial cable and Drag Chain for excellent arrangement of wires
KM3：Mechanical Structure (Motion Structure) has been improved based on laser master 2, to support the faster speed carving / long-time working, it’s strong and durable.
Why Buy An Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro
We at Inov3d would recommend that this is a moderate-level engraver that can be used to engrave on moderately sized objects with a good level of precision.
OLM-PRO-V10 motherboard, with 32-bit MCU +24V Circuit
- 32Bits MCU has the much higher frequency than 8 Bits MCU, arithmetic speed is faster, the operation is smoother, the engraving & cutting precision is higher.
- It could support any baud rate, save some delays due to command transmission, increase the engraving speed.
- Support Ortur Laser 1.5 series firmware.
- Support flame detection function.
- Support emergency stop button.
- Support Ortur Offline Control Box.
- The 24V Circuit is a safer electric system, it could could support the powerful laser module, and more add-ons.
Ortur Laser 1.5 series firmware
- They upgraded the firmware based on Ortur Laser 1.4 firmware, Ortur Laser 1.5 Firmware has optimized the motion algorithm to support the faster speed engraving from 4000mm/min to 9000mm/min.
- Support more add-ons, such as Ortur offline control box, also more add-ons are on the way.
More safety features
- Active Position Protection: When the machine is displaced or tilted, it would automatically stop the laser to prevent damage caused by the laser shot out of the target.
- Laser Beam Safety Guard: When the machine or computer from crashing during the engraving process, it would automatically stop the laser.
- Exposure Duration Detection and Limitation: When the motors have no movement for a while, it would automatically stop the laser.
- Flame detector + buzzer alarm: When the detector detects the flame, the buzzer alarm would sound and light alarm.
- Emergency Stop Button: Any emergency, you could press the emergency stop button.
LU2-4 Second Generation FAC Laser Module
LU2-4 FAC laser module (electric power: 20W, optical power: 4.5-5.5W, 2nd-generation FAC design, focal spot has been compressed to 0.08*0.15mm) can cut 4mm plywood and 6mm pine board at one pass. It’s also armed with a laser shield, and very easy to use!
Ortur is the TOP brand of diode laser. There are many Ortur Users Communities on the Internet, which is convenient for novices to exchange and learn.
- Many Reviewers have posted Ortur Laser Engravers’ reviewing and tutorial videos on YouTube, and have achieved excellent views.
- Ortur Official User Group on Facebook has more than 15,000 members. Users often communicate and learn, and they are very active.
- LaserGRBL is the world’s most popular free and open source laser control software. The Ortur laser engravers are fully tested by LaserGRBL. LaserGRBL has built-in the parameters of the Ortur laser engravers, which is convenient for users to use.
At the beginning of the design of the Ortur laser engravers, it fully considered the different needs of different user groups, and designed different accessories for this purpose:
- Ortur Offline Control Box (You could convert the pictures into Gcode files and save in the TF card, then, insert the TF card into the Ortur offline control box to let the machine engrave offline. You could also use the WIFI function of the offline control box to replace the USB cable to connect the computer and laser engraver.)
- Z-axis Lifting Device (Very convenient to use this device to adjust the focal spot, but it will increase the weight of the laser head and affect the engraving speed.)
- YRR2.0 Y-axis Rotary Roller (this device is required for engraving cylinders)
- Full-enclosure Casing (If your working space is not enclosed, you need to purchase this Full-enclosure Casing to fully protect the machine and prevent any visitor from touching the machine)
- More add-ons are on the way.
Where To Buy An Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro
The Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro is being offered at a price of USD 449.99 at Made The Best. Also, you can check out the website for the latest updates regarding the laser machine.